Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day weekend got off to a rough start. Owen was sick Thursday night (vomitting and dry heaving) so Friday was spent at home deep cleaning the house. Think it was just a twenty-four hour thing as Owen didn't eat anything but a couple crackers and slept all day and night Friday. He was back to himself and feeling fine on Saturday.
I had saw in the paper that Botanica had free admission to all visitors on Mother's Day. I have never been there and decided that's where "mom" wanted to go this year. Dustin agreed but we didn't tell the boys. On the way, the questions were, "Where are we going?", "what's it start with?" "Oh, we are going bowling, right?" "Come on, where is this place?" "Great, we're going to the boondocks!"
When we pulled into the parking lot, we told them and this is what I got from them, "Man, this is going to be boring." "Who would want to go 'look' at flowers?", "Man, I wish I could have stayed home!". Well I was so pleased that my boys wanted to spend mother's day with me...HA!
Thankfully, the staff must know that BOYS do not like flower gardens and were handing out scavenger hunt BINGO games to them when we first walked in. They were sold and instantly interested in winning a "prize"! I have to say we all really enjoyed ourselves. There was a music group (can't even call it a band) that was there playing that relaxing 'zen' music. Was so peaceful sounding with the waterfalls in the background. Just needed a hammock, blanket, and pillow...would have been perfect. Many of the flowers were in bloom. Got to take several nature trails and watch the birds and squirrels. Weather was overcast and a bit cool. Light jacket and it was fixed. As the afternoon went on it began getting more and more crowded and I think the boys were finally getting tired of flowers. They turned in their papers for their 'prize' - Two for one admission back to The Botanica Gardens - They were so thrilled and I laughed! We will have to go back when the butterflies are in town though - -







No comments: