Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Visitors

Spring came and went. Summer seems to just be getting started. And we have new friends in the back yard. We have a new cardinal to the neighborhood. I see it on our railing outside the kitchen window - go to grab the camera and it is gone. But we see it out feeding on the dog food each morning with all the other black birds. Kohl just stays back and lets them feed. Such a stupid dog at times.

The newest addition that I have seen in our backyard is the two baby squirrels. The older squirrel loves to torment Kohl. Just staying high enough on the tree so that she can bark, jump, and bark some more. Am sure the neighbors love her at times. I just wish to shoot the squirrel. But now I caught two baby squirrels playing in the back yard the other morning. Kohl was no where in sight - again, stupid dog. But the other morning I noticed this...
...yes, one of the baby squirrels feeding off the dog food too!! If Kohl doesn't get first dibs on her food in the morning, she will go without.
To top it off (I didn't have the camera handy) but I have seen the birds feeding on the dog food, with one of the stray cats poised on the opposite side of the garden just waiting for the right moment. And again - Kohl - no where, probably under the porch watching it all play out - stupid dog!!

No comments: